Wilston Norths Junior Cricket Club is a not-for-profit community sports club with over 600 players from the inner North Brisbane and surrounding areas every summer. We are a family-orientated club with a friendly and positive committee dedicated to seeing our boys and girls enjoying their sport.
We are currently seeking a motivated, fun and reliable person to take on the canteen convenor role during our popular Friday night “Woolworths Cricket Blast” program at Gibson Park, Stafford (alongside Stafford Central) from October 9th to December 5th and again from Januart 29th to March 19th.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate canteen during nominated opening hours (4:30-8pm Friday during season) with a volunteer from our roster;
- Review current canteen menu and suggest additions or changes as viable (pre-season);
- Stocktake pre-season to assist with initial order from suppliers
- Supervise canteen volunteers as required and assist during busy periods;
- Prepare and cook menu items (hot chips, hot dogs, sausages);
- Ensure the health and safety of others in the canteen;
- Ensure canteen is kept in a clean and hygienic state during operation;
- At completion of trading direct volunteers to undertake cleaning duties before close;
- Undertake stocktake after each trading night and provide suggested reorder to club administrator;
- Keep the club committee informed of all relevant matters.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to manage canteen tasks and support club staff and volunteers;
- To ensure efficient and effective communication is maintained with customers, club staff and volunteers.
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience in managing food premises
- Food Safety Handling Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Hold or ability to obtain a Blue Card
Interested? Please email email@example.com with some brief details about yourself and we’ll arrange a chat!