On behalf of the Management Committee I would like to welcome you all to the 2018 –19 season. In the coming season we look forward to creating an environment where all of our junior cricketers grow and develop their game and thoroughly enjoy participating in the great game of cricket.
During 2017 –18 at Wilston Norths we saw:
* A significant expansion of girls cricket;
* Saw the official opening of the Glyn Netto junior nets
* Initiated the Wilston Norths Academy to develop an off-season and pre-season development program for boys and girls, with three squads (High Performance, Emerging Players and Development) and holiday clinics;
* Appointed a paid Administrator to undertake and coordinate the operations of the Club and support the Management Committee;
* Entered two girl’s teams (U11 and U13) and three boy’s teams (U13, U14 and U15) in the BNJCA and Warehouse Cricket Association’s winter competition’s respectively and through this provided an enhanced year-round opportunity for our Junior Cricketers to participate.
During 2018-19 we aim to continue to consolidate the on the above and in particular focus on:
* Providing an environment to co locate age group training and through this enhance a Club based culture, better utilise the excellent facilities we have available to us at Shaw Park and also provide opportunities to better assist and support our volunteer coaches;
* Continue our focus on growing the participation in Girls Cricket;
* Provide enhancing coaching development opportunities and resources.
All the best for an enjoyable season.
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Wilston North Junior Cricket Club. If you were with the Club previously, welcome back! To the new players the Management Committee not only welcomes you but also hopes you enjoy your cricket as a junior here with us.
My three sons joined the Club in 1979/80, the then Wilston District Junior Cricket Club had six registered teams that season. I was roped into doing the Secretary’s job in 1981. My love of the game and the growth of the Club kept me involved as Secretary until 2015 (36 years) despite my sons growing out of Junior Cricket. I was a cricketer who was selected to make up the numbers. From the 2015/16 Season I took over from the retiring President of 26 years, Mervyn Buckley.
Last season we had 49 teams, making us the second largest club in Queensland and growing with talent, indicating we must be doing something right. In 1998, we joined Northern District Senior Cricket Club as their Juniors, changing our name to Wilston Norths Juniors.
Our first Queensland player was Wade Townsend, followed by Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns and Mitchell Swepson. Cam B made the Australian T20 team, Joe B, our first Test Cricketer and Mitch S plays in an Australian A team – four Queensland players and counting. You have joined a Club which foresees a bright future and I wish you happy cricketing!
Mr Glyn Netto
Patron, 2017 – Current
Click here to add your own text
10 Hawdon Street
Wilston Qld 4051
M: +61 0498 988 340
Stafford Cricket Grounds
Stafford Road, Stafford
(next to Stafford Shopping Centre)